Photos of anything but you know who...
Here they are, photos from the area around the hotel, and, when I can, from the playroom at the Baby House




OK, Here are two experiences from today:
When we went for our afternoon visit (Did I tell you we have a regular schedule- a 1 hr visit from 11a-12p, and a second from 5-6p daily, a schedule that should remain consistent thru this 14 day visitation period)... OK when we went this afternoon, Almira, our translator, went downstairs to get the boy from the living space, while we waited up in the play room, per usual. According to Almira (and witnessed by others so we've decided this is true) when he was leaving the living area his friends followed him to the door & he turned around and proudly told them he was going upstairs to play with his parents. Our hearts sang.
Second memorable, and completely different experience: It's night here now (we're 9 hrs ahead of EST), and the couple in the room next to us has brought a cache of DVD's. We've borrowed the first season of Grey's Anatomy, and we're sitting in front of the tube, eating cookies, playing scrabble and watching American tv. Completely surreal since we're in Kazakhstan, a million miles away from our living room, here in this Asian country, adopting a child, and we're hanging out, watching tv and eating snack food, feeling like it could be any other normal night in our lives. We're living parallel universes simultaneously.
Posting photos is tough on this computer. I'll try again another time...
Also, have I told you that the keyboard I'm typing on has both English and Cyrillic letters on it? And on many of the most-used keys, the English printing has worn off. I have realized, again, what I always knew. That I don't really know how to type... that is without looking a the keyboard, which, in this case, doesn't help a lot. Which is the best excuse I've ever had for all the typos you'll encounter.
Good night all. Good Night Moon.


1 Comments:
Hi S&K,
I missed seeing the pictures too! However everything sounds like it is going well. Can't wait to welcome Sultan to Falmouth.
All the best,
Sandipa and Hanumant
Post a Comment
<< Home