Day 5
This is Kyle typing slowly. We've drained the battery for the camera, lithium ion, and will go to a camera store today to get another or figure out how to charge this one, our converter clearly says not for chargers. So we may not have any new photos for a while.
There are 8 American couples here in this hotel adopting. We've possied up with the ones we came with and the ones who were here. We like them alot and its great to have their support. Everyone is very bright and committed and really full of love and brave too. It's such an adventure. So we talk about everything and have created this mini-universe. I really expected to be on our own and am relieved.
Today we'll shop for some toys; sunglasses, a play cell phone, a belt {cause all the pants we bought him are too big}, maybe a car. He keeps raiding the other parents' bags of goodies and I feel a bit awkward although they don't seem to mind. He's the oldest in our little mini group.
The food is a problem, not a huge one, but there. We have a little fridge and stove so we have the capacity; we know where the market is and today I want to go to this small bazaar we pass on the way back from our visits. It looks like it might be locals selling their own produce. There are some interesting melons, but the veggies are limited and not very inviting. Good bread, cheese, sausage, cookies, etc, but I'm craving a salad and some Moosetracks!
We've had good walks around town. Today I want to walk to the river and go by a mosque. Yesterday we walked to an orthodox church, the golden domes. Inside it was busy for a Monday morning. Quiet, dark, pictures of Saints on the walls, quite unlike anything I'd seen before.
Please take the time to figure out how to comment. We're loving all the comments and the idea that we're all sharing this together in real time. Time for breakfast in the hotel.
peace
love

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home