The Road To Sultan

Saturday, September 30, 2006

the further adventures







We've moved and with the help of Tomas are blogging from the apt. The phone here is 8-3112-548497. There is a 9 hr time difference- we're 9 hrs ahead of EST. The apt. is two bedrooms upstairs and kitchen and living down. We have satellite tv so CNN, BBC, Euronews, MTV, Discovery, Animal Planet, and a bunch of Russian channels. It's a big improvement over the hotel, tv-wise. The kitchen is ok but no frying pan and a tiny sink. The full bath is upstairs. The beds are ok, doubles not king.
More good, good visits with Sultan. Yesterday he had Susan bring down a big stuffed dog which he proceeded to hit, kick and drive his toy car into. I think this his normal for kids at the baby house. They don't have pets and are afraid of strays. So we'll have to be careful introducing him to all the pets he's going to meet. Sorry Jazz. Sorry Lilah. Sorry other Lilah. We'll work on him some more. Susan started the training immediately by patting and hugging the dog, which left Sultan somewhat incredulous.
We will visit today as usual, then pre-court tomorrow. The judge will then give us a court date, hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. The is a possibility that we could be done then and fly to Almaty on Friday. Our return tickets are for Oct. 13 and we'd love to make that connection.
More fun exploring the big market. Got some nice fruit; pears, oranges, bananas, dates, walnuts, almonds. Tomas said he would make a beef stew tonight. Tomas is Hungarian, works in IT, plays the sax and is a doll. Marie is from the Philippines
and does HR for health care. She's been in the states since she was 7, i think. Tomas came with his mom and sister when he was about 20. We are so glad to have them as friends and roomies. I taught them how to play ____head and that was fun.
Not much else to report here. Words cannot EXPRESS how happy we are to be able to use the computer at the apt. This is a real breakthrough, and it's kind of weird to say, but it's nice to be doing this from my own computer.
The visits are getting a little boring, I have to admit. Playing with Sultan is great, as always, but I think we're all feeling a little couped up and ready for the next thing, whatever that is.
I (Susan, now) can't tell you guys how nice it has been to have a few phone conversations. Spoke with Sandy and Mel briefly yesterday. SO GREAT to hear you voices!, and then to Mom and Dad (Min & Jay, so sorry you were out when I called!), and then Claudia this morning. I am tempted to call when Claudia, Katie and Vara have dinner Monday night, but that would be at 4am my time, and tho I am a committed friend... I don't think I'll be up calling. Our calling card lets us call the US for something like .50 minute, so I am feeling reckless along with my restlessness. Anyone on Kyle's side want a phone call? Seems only fair!
OK, that's it for now. We'll see if we can put up some photos now.
love to all!
S & K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home