The Problem has Passed
Good news, I'll spare you the details,but suffice to say the fruit worked. And he waited until he got up and he asked for the toilet. Ok, I said no details, but we're so relieved and proud too.
He is sitting across from me carefully eating his muesli and looking over here and wondering what I'm doing. He's had some plum, 1/3 of a banana, the muesli and some water. He is very fastidious: about using his fork or spoon, about anything on his hands, A regular gourmand.
The other big news is that we're on a free wireless connection. Yippee. There is an office nearby and I guess they have broadband because it's wicked fast too. Ah technology.
A minor piece piece of clarification. For a while I was taking the lead on writing the blog and getting it out, but we've both been doing the writing here.
Yesterday Susan took a long walk while Sultan and I played in the little playground behind the apartment. We had fun letting his car go down the slide, swinging and climbing. There was a stray dog hanging around and he would yell at it, obviously not happy.
Since Susan went down hill, I of course went up. We are near the German and British embassies. I stopped to look at a big, big building, saw people going in and followed them into Almaty's Central Museum. Good displays of archeological, geological, cultural interest. The building is quite grand.
When I got back, Susan went for another walk while we napped. He didn't want to go down, cried pretty hard, but eventually slept for 1 1/2 hours. We're trying to keep him on the same schedule as far as meal times, napping, bed, etc, as recommended by all the experts.
After the nap we went to Paniplov Park and Susan and I took turns going in the church, which was built without using a single nail. There were men playing chess, kids on rollerbllades, couples on secluded benches, flower gardens which still had a few roses, all very clean and quiet and relaxing. We lost track of all the wedding parties we saw. There is a big war memorial with an eternal flame and each couple would lay a bouquet and have their photo taken. We saw at least 16 brides, all lovely.
Sultan enjoyed pushing the stroller and making the handle go up and down.
Dinner was steamed carrots, macaroni with sauce, bread and butter, and fresh fruit for dessert. We're glad to have all the good fruit but miss all the produce from home.
On the language front, he talks a lot and we don't have a clue. We talk a lot and we think he understands a good bit. He still looks to us for permission, especially about food and toys. This AM he looked at half a banana, pointed and looked at me. I nodded and then he repeated the process with Susan. I guess he's figured out who the boss is. He has started yelling "mamo" when he wants attention and we're unclear if he's referring to Susan or me. He parrots lots of words and that's a start. This is our 4th day with him and we're just happy he's pooped.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home